Indoor Air Quality Monitor PM2.5By ALVI Tags: Indoor Air Quality Monitor PM2.5, PM2.5 sensor
Particulate matter (PM) is a particle pollution, which is produced in a great number of ways that can be classified into either mechanical or chemical processes. Traditionally, the environmental sciences have divided particles
into two main groups PM10 and PM2.5. PM10 is particles between 2.5 and 10 microns (micrometers) in diameter (a human hair is about 60 micron in diameter).
PM2.5 is particles smaller than 2.5 microns. PM2.5 and PM10
have different material compositions and can come from different places. The smaller the particle the longer it can remain suspended in the air before settling. PM2.5 can stay in the air from hours to weeks and travel very
long distances because it is smaller and lighter.
PM2.5 can get down into the deepest (alveolar) portions of the lungs when the gas exchange occurs between the air and your blood stream. These are the most dangerous particles because the alveolar portion of the lungs has no efficient means of removing them and if the particles are water soluble, they can pass into the bloodstream within minutes. If they are not water soluble, they remain in the alveolar portion of the lungs for a long time.
When the small particles go deeply into the lungs and become trapped this can result in lung disease, emphysema and/or lung cancer in some cases.
The main effects associated with exposure to particulate matter may include: premature mortality, aggravation of respiratory and cardiovascular disease (indicated by increased hospital admissions and emergency room visits, school absences, loss of work days, and restricted activity days) aggravated asthma, acute respiratory symptoms, chronic bronchitis, decreased lung function and increased myocardial infarction.
There are many varieties of particulate pollutants in our homes and offices. Ones from outside include industrial sources, construction sites, combustion sources, pollen, and numerous others. Particles are also generated by all kinds of normal indoor activity ranging from cooking, walking across the carpet, your pets, sofa or beds, air conditioners etc. Any movement or vibration can create airborne particles!
How to improve air quality in your home and office:
- The first thing you need to do is monitoring your indoor air quality every day. The monitoring information will let you evaluate the indoor air quality.
- The IAQ -PM2.5 will let you know if the steps you are taking to improve your air quality are really working or not especially let you know if a $500 air purifier works any better than a $200 one. This will really help
you to save money.
- The concentration of PM2.5 probably has much difference due to the different purpose of the rooms.
- The most effective way to improve indoor air quality is, detecting each room and treatment of air purification for the important rooms, such as living room and bedrooms.
- IAQ -PM2.5 supply you a real-time and accurate information, it can help you to be sharp-eyed and clearheaded.
- Please make sure the filters of indoor HVAC systems are clean, otherwise, need to clean or replace filters. The unclean filter is one of the sources of indoor particle pollution.
- Please notice it’s very important for the quantity and location of air purifiers or air cleaners. Now you
need the help of the real-time monitor information of PM2.5 by IAQ-PM2.5.
IAQ -PM2.5-300H: PM2.5 Indicator with temperature & RH, 6 colors backlit LCD
IAQ -PM2.5-340H: PM2.5 Indicator with temperature & RH, 6 colors backlit LCD.
Modbus RS485 interface
IAQ -PM2.5 indicator is far different from those built in PM2.5 sensors!
Features of -PM2.5
- Built-in professional duct sensor with optical IR LED sensing method. Real-time monitor indoor PM2.5 concentration.
- Built in high accuracy temperature & RH sensor, monitor indoor air
temperature & RH. Using our unique technology of compensating method, and up to nine calibration points, to guarantee IAQ -PM2.5 measurements accuracy in different environments.
- LCD displays the real-time measurement and moving average value of PM2, as well as real-time temperature and RH measurements.
- Special design six backlit LCD for six levels of PM2.5, in straight and clear read.
- long-term security power supply: 5VDC with a power adaptor
- Option: RS485 interface with Modbus protocol
- Users can know very well the indoor PM2.5 concentration, and can easily select an air purifier/air cleaner. Not only see a visible effect of indoor air clean but also have a reasonable use of an air cleaning device.
Click here to access the datasheet
For more information please contact us or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org